USV Safety Regulations
C. Participants between the ages of 11 and 16 may
serve as musicians and, where permitted by event sponsors, assist
hospital stewards, run messages, etc. THEY MAY NOT BE COMBATANTS!
D. All USV personnel participating in any event WILL have a FULL CANTEEN of water with them and carry said canteen on their persons during ALL drill period, marches and battles.
E. It is recommended that all USV personnel drink at least a full canteen of water prior to marching during hot weather events. This practice has greatly reduced the incidence of heat-related injuries.
F. No-one will carry glass bottles of water in lieu of a canteen. Plastic bottles inside the haversack will be acceptable.
G. THE WEARING OF EAR PROTECTION IS ENCOURAED IN THE FORM OF A MODERN EAR PLUG WITH A SMALL BIT OF COTTON AFFIXED TO THE OUTER AREA IN ORDER TO SIMULATE SOMETHING A SOLDIER OF THE PERIOD MAY HAVE USED.
SOP -1. SAFETY REGULATIONS. TAB B. CAMP SAFETY
1. FIREPITS WILL ONLY BE
DUG IN ASSIGNED / AUTHORIZED AREAS. Only one (1) firepit will be
dug per company street to measure no larger than 2' x 3'.
2. Children must be under the supervision of a parent or guardian. Adults taking responsibility for someone else's children must have such permission in writing. Such permission should be retained by the Company Safety Officer/NCO for the durationof the event.
3. Anyone found under the influence of alcohol will not be allowed to take arms or enter battles.
4. The use of illegal drugs is prohibited. Any such incidents will be reported to local authority.
A. All horses brought onto site are required to have a current Coggins certificat, wbich will be checked by the Cavalry Commander.
B. Horses should be trained for gunfire and battle BEFORE THE EVENT. DO NOT BRING UNTRAINED HORSES TO ANY EVENT!
C. HORSES WILL NOT be ridden through infantry company streets.
D. Horses will only be picketed in areas designated by event sponsors. When allowed, command and staff mounts will be as close to USV Headquarters as terrain and safety permits.
6. NO LITTERING! USV units should leave areas in a better condition than found.
7. NO gunfire in camps unless on order of authotized officers.
8. It is recommended that a full water bucket be kept adjacent to campfires at all times.
9. No one will place any material into fire pits OTHER THAN FIREWOOD. This includes trash, soda cans, etc. All trash and litter should be kept in trash bags out of sight until the end of the event. Carbonated beverage cans in particular will not be stored or consumed in the area of any fire pit. AN UNOPENED CAN ACCIDENTALLY DROPPED INTO A FIRE PIT CAN BECOME A BOMB THAT CAN CAUSE SERIOUS INJURY OR DEATH TO ANYONE IN THE IMMEDIATE AREA.
10. All non-period containers or packages: will be kept out of sight in tents and specifically away from campfires.
SOP -1. SAFETY REGULATIONS. TAB C - WEAPONS SAFETY
1. Weapons will be inspected for safety by EACH COMPANY COMMANDER AND/OR COMPANY ORDNANCE/SAFETY OFFICER/NCO prior to each event.
2. NO modem firearms OF ANY KIND, rifle, pistol or shotgun are allowed.
3. NO Hawken, Zouave, Kentucky, Plains or Flintlock firearms are allowed.
4. Infantry rifles will be 3 banded percussion Springfields or Enfields ONLY.
5. Cavalry will be equipped with carbine, pistol and saber.